Today's post comes from Annika from The Season Ahead blog.
Annika is the owner of the lifestyle blog theseasonahead.com. She writes primarily about food, personal style and books. She created this blog to share what she knows, what she is learning and what inspires her. It is her wish to inspire others to try new things and enjoy each moment of learning.
She loves to read mystery books, write, drink tea and spend time with her family and friends.Check her out at theseasonahead.com
After ushering in the New Year many of us look to reset our bodies to compensate for the indulgences of the holiday season. However, I am realistic enough with myself to know I won’t completely give up on desserts any time soon. That’s where healthier but still yummy dessert options come in!
Choosing a healthier dessert option like this gluten-free Greek yogurt fruit pizza won’t make you feel like you’re being deprived and it is impressive enough to present at any gathering. With no baking involved, it also meets my low-effort, assembly only requirement. Yay!
The date and cashew crust will lend itself well to many different interpretations and dates complement a wide variety of toppings. Adjusting the types of fruits you use makes this fruit pizza tart perfect for Christmas, the 4th of July, or any time in between. This is a fabulous dessert to get creative with. I would love to read your ideas for fillings and toppings. Leave your ideas in the comments below.
- 22 Sunsweet Deglet Noor Pitted Dates, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 2 cups (or 3 single serving yogurt cups) Chobani nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- Assorted sliced fresh fruit and/or berries
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tart pan with nonstick spray.
- After dates have soaked in warm water for 15 minutes, drain and chop in half before using. To save time, Sunsweet also has a chopped dates option.
- Pulse the dates and cashews together in a food processor until the dates and nuts have formed a sticky consistency.
- Using a spatula and then cling film press evenly into prepared tart pan and up the sides.
- Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit.
I chose to use Deglet Noor Dates from Sunsweet that are already pitted because it simplifies this recipe even more.
You can make the crust in advance and store for up to 2 days. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe inspiration here.